Tuesday 20 January 2009

Desk rotation


A nice reminder once again from my colleague John that it is Tuesday and my blogging day. I did remember, but it is always nice to be reminded. Only a pity that I had not yet published (or written) my blog so that I could prove that I had thought about it. But never mind, perhaps next week.

Today we had desk rotation. The usual policy is that employees move around the company trying out various tasks, but in our case it is not the employees but the desks that move around. Perhaps that is why John has attached an anchor to his.

I share an office with Niklas, who is particularly fond of his desk (a modern IKEA desk, I may add). I have an old antique desk, which I am also rather fond of, but it is not only impossible to get a matching one, but I also know that it would be difficult to make Niklas part with his desk. So, the answer is me getting one that matches his, and my desk finding a new home. John seems to like it, so he gets it and our accountant Lillemor gets his - if he is able to dislodge the anchor from it. I gather that a lot of you who have watched our vlogs think that we are horsing around all day and that musical desks would be an obvious leisure pursuit for us, but no. This is serious business! :-D

I am off to the stables now for a riding lesson, but hopefully I can put my new desk together tonight so that my office can become a bit more tidy. Those of you that have seen pictures of my desk, probably think it is about time too. I am hoping to report back to you next week about my tidy desk and redecorated office, sorry no, refurnished office.

If any of you wonder about the completely random picture in this blog, then it is me and two of my kids pretending to be an angel. So yes, it is random, but it is also relevant in a somewhat random way.

Happy evening to you all from Marianne

No comments: