Friday 16 January 2009

International Friday

I'm John, I'm in charge of the international office and the Shorts project and Friday is my day to blog. If you want to know more about me, have a look at my personal blog at http://booksandsnow.blogspot.com/.

I'm feeling particularly pleased with myself at the moment because in a stroke of comic genius I have attached a small anchor to the leg of my desk to stop it floating away. Anyone who has ever owned a desk, or indeed any other piece of freestanding furniture, will know what a problem "furniture drift" can be.



As you should know, we have published our second film today as part of the Bombadil Shorts project. These short films will be published daily and can be viewed on Youtube, via the link on the Bombadil website, via the Bombadil fanclub on Facebook and on my personal Facebook page.

See them here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BombadilPublishing&view=videos

We have had great fun making the films and I think I'm getting rather good at editing them. As they're so short, an awful lot ends up on the cutting room floor. Or the "trash can" on the Mac, to be precise. I can confirm that we are every bit as mad as we seem. We're absolutely rubbish at acting, so everything you see is completely unscripted and made up on the spot.

We have actually been doing some work as well. Sara, having drawn inspiration from Joey Tempest (see Monday's entry), is currently planning the Bombadil spring festival, Niklas is away at the university in Trolhattan and Marianne is keeping everything headed in the right direction. I've just been messing around with boating paraphernalia and film equipment though.

In other news, the Bombadil dog currently smells like old socks.

Posted by John

No comments: