Monday 23 November 2009

Nostalgia

Writing can be many things; nostalgia, therapy, expression of crazy thoughts of happiness or frustration. To me writing is all of those things.

Have you ever gone through old note books? Old texts written long ago? I did the other day, and I was overwhelmed by how those words written long ago brought all those feelings back again... The mind is funny in that way, how feelings can be brought back into daylight just by reading a couple of old poems, written not to be read but just for being written. It´s dangerous, because it get at least my head spinning in high speed, wondering “could I have acted differently?” “Could I have made a better choice”. And in the same time I absolutely love the fact that I have note books and note books laying around to remind me of periods of my life which are now lost, maybe not always lost, but buried if you will. The album "Tigermilk" by Belle&Sebastain makes me nostalgic.

Today´s blog is a tribute to old times and to nostalgia, many people fear to touch nostalgia because many times it hurts to bring back old memories to life. In my opinion it´s a wonderful thing to be nostalgic (once in a while, not always) because it reminds me of whom I am and who I have been. And thanks to writing those feelings down in the past I can now remember why I made certain choices and why I didn´t make others and I realize that I have always made the right choices. It´s easy to remember things in a different light than i actually was; better or worse. Therefore I am happy that I have written these feelings down because in that way I can skip the hurtful thoughts of “what if”, based on my old poems and texts I remember how things really were.

So today I want to pay attention and tribute writing as a reminder; write for the sake of get a chip of your shoulder but also to be able to one day look back and remember, do not put a gloomy face on and feel bad about old and lost relationships or situations. Be glad about the fact that you have done it. Never regret, learn from your mistakes and greet the times you have done wrong because you have gained a new experience! And don´t forget to keep writing about it. This is most likely the only way to keep an accurate memory.

Sara says Over&Out.

No comments: