Thursday 28 May 2009

Two wings to fly too!

Yesterday I walked all the way from the centre of Nora to Gyttorp, that is about four or five kilometres. It was a windy day but the sun shone and as I walked, very fast, I saw a beautiful blue lake on my right and I couldn’t avoid thinking of the very first time I travelled to the beach. I mean a beach at the seaside. I’m not really sure my age then, it could be eight or nine years old.

I remember we travelled in a bus that my dear uncle had for these kinds of holidays, myself and my cousin Olga asked all the time to my uncle, Olga’s father, when we should see the beach, my uncle answered that we must be little patient, but we asked and asked about the beach. We began to ascend a mountain in our car, and we couldn’t see any beach. Suddenly, my uncle stopped the car, shut off the engine and asked us to get out of the car. Everybody did like my uncle said. But the beach…! I tried to say, my uncle, very kindly said that we follow him peacefully, we went among several big trees and then we arrived something which looks as a little park, and then… we see it! The majestic Pacific Ocean, I remember I was paralysedby the view to see the sea from a mountain top, about 1500 meters high, its was a great view that my self and my cousin Olga didn't want to stop looking at the sea. My uncle said: "but the beach…" "The beach does not matter," Olga said! And I agreed!

"You really want to have two wings, like a bird, and fly away over this magnificent sea and never stop fly, don’t you Melvin," said Olga. I didn’t answer to Olga, because I was on my way flying, but with no wings, I flew with my imagination. Yesterday I really wanted to have two wings to fly with the -YOUTH 2 YOUTH- boys and girls who are writing with Bombadil - sometimes I feel I do that, fly and fly and fly! Without wings!

Melvin González

No comments: