Friday 29 May 2009

Elo, Mr Blue Sky

Friday once more, and what a beautiful day it has turned out to be. It rained a little earlier in the week, which has inspired the lawn to reach a truly ridiculous height. If I don't do something about it soon, I will be at risk of finding a couple of tigers in there.

By tigers, of course, I mean Siberian tigers. And by do something about it, of course, I mean employ a gardener.



There are water lillies on the lake too. I thought they only grew in garden ponds, surrounded by faded plastic herons and covered with miles of plastic netting, but apparently I was wrong. They also grow on vast bodies of fresh water in central Sweden. There are as well, small black ones, but I think it would have been almost as pointless to attempt to photograph them as it would be to go to the effort of hooking them out and frying them up.



Sara and I have been filming for the author school, as she mentioned in her blog on Monday. I was in my element, dressing up in silly hats and throwing papers from rooftops (where I also found one hammer, slightly rusted). I used to hate dressing up and messing around like that when I was a small child, but I thoroughly enjoy it now. I think this is the correct way round. Dressing up is wasted on small children; they don't know the first thing about clothes in the first place, so they don't appreciate being decked out as a pirate or a zombie or a radioactive wombat.

In other news, the Bombadil dog currently smells like grass.

No comments: