Monday 1 June 2009

The first bath of the year(?!)

It has been an absolutely lovely day at the Bombadil premises today, 1st of June and summer seems to have arrived!

Me and John are working with the visual part of the Bombadilian author school which includes a bit of filming... Naturally it goes a bit bonkers when you combine a few Bombadilian coworkers, a video camera, a horse and a kayak. I´m not going to tell anything about the theme of the author school film but I can reveal that I´m kayaking and sitting on a horse back to front. The horse in question is named Sunny and is a very calm and reliable Fjording which made her the perfect horse to be sitting back to front on. I shall probably also mention that I was not holding Sunny in the same time as resting my head on her backside, Mari very kindly held her whilst Sunny was quite happily eating lots and lots of grass. I figured I should be a bit responsible and explain this so no one thinks that it´s a neat idea to go out in the forest with a back to front horse. Or sitting on ahorse back to front is what I mean, really. It´s not a good idea, unless you bring Mari of course.

After shooting the horse scenes we continued with the kayak and as I was the bravest one in the group I jumped into the kayak and paddled 35 kilometres and back again, turned out that I was a kayak talent!! Eeh, at least this is what could have been, but it was not what actually happened. Since I was the one who were acting in all these scenes, I HAD to get into the kayak, I was not overly excited to be honest. But once I was out on in the water, in the kayak I happened to enjoy it quite a lot, and I actually was a bit of a talent, I could turn!! So I´ve decided'; Kayak is cool!

After kayaking me and Mari thought that the water looked extremly inviting so we had a dip! Which kind of explains the title since I have not been having a bath outside before today. Both of us was very happy with the first dip of the year and agreed that the water was warm enough and very refreshing! The summer is here!

And don´t forget stay tuned for the Bombadil author school video!

Over&Out,
Sara









No comments: