Friday 26 June 2009

“A clean hippie is not a good hippie”

I was down town on Wednesday, there was music somewhere; there was a song which reminded me of the old days back in the seventies. I strolled to a park and I could see a band trying to play “Black dog” from Led Zeppelin, I say the band tried because them was not so good as Led Zeppelin, but the members of the band wore this clothes very similar that I wore back in the early seventies, when the hippie thing was in fashion. When I was about thirteen years old I did want to be a member in a pacifist group whom protested again the Vietnam War, there were a lot hippies much older than my self, I remember that we did wear flowers as symbol of peace and love.

The first day everybody was happy with me and I came back every morning to the park, as my mother don’t allowed me to sleep in the park as the rest of the hippie gang. I come back every morning and I begun to see that everybody was wearing the same clothes, whereas I was wearing brand new clothes and several members of the hippie gang came to me and tried to stop me being with me. A guy who was a kind leader told to me to go, I was very sad and I asked him why? The man answered, with good manner, “Don’t you see that a clean hippie is not a good hippie.”

I left the group very sadly and went home, but I can’t forget the feeling this people transmitted me, the feeling to love everybody and don't spread war, instead spread love.

This feeling has persecuted me until now, I am so exalted over all the love our Bombadilians around the world send me and to all our staff in Bombadil Publishing, all these young people who send messages of love and peace in this very special manner, through writing poems in our Social Network, this special love get me this “clean” feeling, which is a wonderful experience, a marvellous feeling, a Bombadil feeling.

Melvin González

No comments: