Tuesday 16 June 2009

A promising Journey

Hello to you all!

I kept contemplating about what to write on my very first blog, spent over 15 minutes wondering over a variety of subject matters. Then I asked myself: “how about my journey with Bombadil?”
I thought and things started floating in my mind, a series of events, one after another. It’s been over four months, one of my best stints with such a rapidly evolving organization. “A promising journey with a number of things learnt by now and many more yet to learn.”

Bombadil has helped me connect myself to the literary world and I feel privileged assisting these young authors who intrigue me with their literary skills. The mentoring experience of various geniuses gifted me a distinguished sense of smelling fragrance of individual’s creativity. “A youth to youth Publisher!” “You’ll also provide me with a mentor!” Such encouraging responses make my each day bright. Besides, getting phone calls at the middle of the night and listening to the newly born thoughts from an author as young as 13 is a kind of experience I can’t quantify in a couple of words or sentences. The feelings that youth today are becoming advanced and mature frantically grasp all my veins and boom cheeringly beneath the crushing victory that how youth are evolving with gracious creations. I take vicarious pleasure in their hunger for excellence that increasingly inspires me to drag all my inward thirst for gaining knowledge. Isn’t is surprising that a 12 year old has finished reading V.S Naipaul, Toni Morrison, Salman Rushdie and Anton Chekhov apart from reading novels such as Harry Potter or Twilight?

I strongly feel that Bombadilians are striving for a noble cause and someday, pretty soon, each youth will eagerly look forward to us irrespective of their geographical locations. The feeling is tantalizing and I’m enjoying every bit of it.

What a promising journey which has fed the dells and hollows of my intellects not only with astonishing delights but also with newly-sensitized amusement and wordless emotions beyond expression.

Best,
Alex

No comments: