Monday 16 February 2009

HTML-coding might be the way forward...(?)

I´m suprised by myself, I´m amased by myself. Stunned by my own capacity.
This is not said in a cocky or rude way, just in an honest one.

I never ever thought that I, Sara Karlsson would be a webmaster, when I first was introduced to role and tried my best to shoulder this burden I was truly pettrified. Me, who never got futher than Facebook when I put a computer on, on a good day I managed to access Majhong and Word. Should I become a webmaster?! Since I quite recently had started working with Bombadil Publishing when Marianne informed me about my tasks I didn´t dare to mention my rather limited skills regarding websites and computers. I seem to remeber that I nodded and replied something like:
"Mhhm, that sounds interesting"

Marianne hopefully didn´t see the fear in my eyes or saw the sweat that came pourring down my forehead. If she did see these signs of insecurity she was kind enough to ignore them, instead she said: "I believe you can do it Sara". At the time I didn´t put that much trust into her words, I was concentrating too hard on not fainting. One can say that I was struck by suprise.

This is why I now dare to say that I´m stunned by my own capacity, before I used to say that I acted as a so called webmaster at Bombadil Publishing (among many other tasks of course). But now about a month later I can proudly introduce myself as webmaster of the Swedish Bombadil website. Because today I´m a webmaster, and I enjoy it. I know how to work all the different functions and I even get to help others at the office (John mainly) with updating the English website even! I set designs, upload pictiures, insert advanced hyperlinks and bookmarks. I AM STUNNED. Funniest part of all this is that I´m really enjoying it. Of course some days I do wanna tear all my hair of because stuff won´t work etc. But most days I have a smile on my face because I managed to for example start a new page on the site och link to our newsletter. I have become such a computer geek. It´s a fact.

One thing that must be mentioned is the tiny, little detail that even made all of this possible:
Andreas the support-guy. I really can´t recall how many phonecalls and hours I have spent with him to finally have reached this stage of development. But I did because of him. Bless his cotton socks, really please do. And I guess Marianne should have some credit for actually believing in me to begin with. And that kind of sum up the Bombadilian spirit I guess; believe and inspire. You might become an author or maybe even a skilled webmaster, in my case both.

Over&out from your proud Monday-blogger Sara

No comments: