Thursday 12 February 2009

Organisation, structure and the reduction of complexity

Blogging, blogging...
Thursday, and I think I'm supposed to say something scientific now. Hmmm...
Marianne is in Stockholm, to discuss expansion plans and trying to get some artillery support for our continued international campaign. I chatted briefly with her, and she was very enthusiastic about the peoples she was meeting. They think like Bombadillians, she said. Sounds good to me, and I hope she gets a bit of additional support. We do have a good team here, with quite complementary strengths, but Marianne is often the one pulling. Naturally, the idea is her baby, after all. I provide the structure, so I had a discussion with Sara about intranet structure today. She made me reduce the number of levels and branches in the quite elaborate and beautiful structure I had designed to something much smaller. :( But I have to admit that it will be quite sufficient, at least for the time being, and also easier to get into for all the new authors, mentors and other people that keep joining Bombadil. Organisation would be soo much easier without all the people though!
Over and out

No comments: