Tuesday 3 March 2009

Arise Sir Gandalf



I am tired today, which is something quite unusual for me. It is not the weather, it is not that I am ill, and not that I have eaten too much. I think I have just been in the fast lane too long and need some sleep :-D So today I am going to keep the blog rather short and tell you all about Gandalf Publishing.

Gandalf is run from Stockholm by a man called Carl. I think we might have mentioned him before, and I think he is rather cool. He and I met in the autumn last year when I was talking about Bombadil. He asked me, like so many before him, what happened to those over 60 and whether we were going to accommodate them. Well, I am not over 60 (yet anyway :-D) and told him that I could not do it, but what about him? He called me a few days later completely convinced that he was the right person to do it, something we at Bombadil were even more sure about than he was :-D Calle is cool, and he is speeding ahead with Gandalf at a tremendous speed. I asked him today when he was ready to take Gandalf global and he did not in anyway sound worried or insecure or frightened. Of course he will do it; he is as smitten as we at Bombadil are about the concept and the lifestyle, and I believe that we will soon have Gandalf wild firing around the globe too. It is of course only right that Gandalf goes at a slightly slower speed than Bombadil, there is after all an age difference, isn't there? But then Gandalf was a wizard, and before we know it he might have cast his magic spell on all and sundry and the entire globe will have succumbed to his spell. Arise, sir Gandalf!

No comments: