Monday 30 March 2009

"Just make it cheerful!"

John has been helping me out with my blogpost of today, he named my title "Just make it cheerful". That was also the answer to my question: What shall I blog about today?

Although it might seem like I have run out of creativity, that is not the case, my levels are just a bit low today. I have great plans though, since i´m planning to make a festival, a Bombadil festival! Or an author-night, I haven´t really sorted out all of the tiny details yet. What I would like to achieve is a big get-together where Bombadil-authors will get a chance to shine and read from their books or books-to-be. I would like to have liveband playing and people enjoying themselves! And of course to spread the word of Bombadil, maybe we can reach some new youngsters that would like to publish their thoughts and ideas! This head of mine is not just a hat rack, believe it or not!!

A few things has changed in the Bombadilian way of working lately; we´ve decided that we shall start having old mentors helping new mentors with the mentoring bit of being a mentor. The old mentors that are helping the new mentors that are learning to mentor shall be called Super Mentors. I was just asked to hold an introduction about the mentor-role, since we are getting new mentors =). And then a rather important question sort of popped into my mind, will this introduction make me a Super Mentor? What is expected of a Super Mentor, will I have to wear my knickers on the outside of my jeans? Will I have to get Super sight and save people from burning buildings?!

I hope not. I haven´t got the figure for blue tights and certainly not the courage that might be requested in heroic situations such as the one mentioned above. Plus I can´t stand heat, I don´t do tans, just deep red.

But if it´s required to chat a bit about the feelings of being a mentor, how to develop a manuscript and how to aproach an author, I´ll sign up straight away!

All for now,
Over&Out
/sara

No comments: