Monday 9 March 2009

"Monday, bloody Monday"

So another week has started and Monday has blown us away, well not litterary, but it´s been a very exciting and for once awake Monday, at least for me. Some other bits and pieces of our nowdays large and rather strong compliment has been a bit dozy today tho...

You see, we all (we all are: Marianne, Niklas, John, Veronica, Mari, me and Marianne´s children Josephine and Alex)went to the capital of Sweden, Stockholm yesterday to watch a play. It was a one-man show and to John´s delight a girl was playing not just ONE but TWO violins! (well to be correct, one violin and one viola according to John) As we all know John has quite some knowledge when it comes to violins and how to play. Mari very kindly suggested that John should enter the stage and play us something, for some reason John was not very keen on this. Maybe he was just a bit camera-shy but in a stage-shy way.

Anyway our very nice Sunday trip started off in Gyttorp, two cars leaving the Bombadilian headquarters going to Stockholm, in our car (me, John, Veronica and Josephine). I held a music class, and did my best to teach all members of our car the beauty with Nena singing "99 Luftballons" in german and the story behind the Swedish teenage band Noice. After a while I kind of could tell that none of the participants was really paying attention...And I kept quiet after Josephine asked me if I didn´t have any modern music. Frankly, I shut my mouth and then I turned the volume up.

When we reached Stockholm we all met up with Tommy (a Bombadilian author) and Calle who runs Gandalf Publishing and his wife Eva. We all had dinner together and there after went to the theathre. Delightful indeed. After the play we went to see the city sights since John being English and all, hadn´t been to Stockholm.

This is a picture of all of us standing by the river in central Stockholm looking at the view. All in all it was a very delightful and successful day and night (we did get back at 2 a.m) So I guess it´s not really strange that some of us is a bit dozy today after all.

Yours truly
Mondag blogger-Sara

No comments: