Monday 23 March 2009

It´s snowing!!

So yes, it´s Monday and the weather is disapointing (suprised?!). It started snowing again, after a week of sunshine. Since all of us have kept our fingers crossed, hoping for some spring to arrive, today´s change of weather kind put at least me off a bit. But hope is the last to leave us someone cleaver once said, and I will not be put down by traditional Monday-weather. Before I would, but no. My hope is still with me!

Tomorrow John is going to Geneva, very exciting! He will be meeting up with some important people that are involved in the big "Turning the tide" project, but as well he will aparently be introduced to some people from UNESCO who started the worldbookday in 1995. Which is VERY exciting since John is the brain behind the 24 hours Worldbook-book that we are attempting to make. It might be a very long Worldbookday at the 23rd of april, but I guess it´s quite cool to be able to put on your resume that you´ve made a book in 24 hours! Quite cool indeed.

Personally I´m a bit nervous, speaking of the Worldbookday. My little baby-project for the Worldbookday is to get libraries and their visitors interactive in their local library. This I think partly can be achived by having people participating in a writing campaign. Basically we are encouraging people through their local library to send us novels, short story´s and poems on the topic "Me&books". Then we´ll publish the national Librarybook of Sweden! I´m not worried about the concept, but about people getting involved, I´m relying on the librarians committment, so yet again, fingers crossed. I like librarians, they are nice so I trust that they will do their best to get Swedish library visitors to contribute!

All for now,
over&out
Sara

No comments: