Wednesday 30 September 2009

Edges Are Everywhere















A couple of weeks ago I wrote about ‘Author’s block’ that inspired me to write on motivation. In the rat race of crushing competition and from primeval astuteness to contemporary thinking, motivation is the pillar that lays the foundation of performance and creativity. We are dreamwrapts and to achieve those, we have to deal with the troubles with expanded sense of consciousness and eminent intellects.

‘Motivation’ that’s what I needed almost every hour from my humble and virtually courageous husband to beat my fiercely extended and defiantly independent depression ever since my surroundings suppressed me with heap of humiliation and failure. I couldn’t calm my persistently mounting expectation from him as I experienced him a concrete combination of honestly aspiring and intensely passionate spirit. I was so much beleaguered by my obstacles that it overshadowed my kind consideration on him. While plumbing the depth of it, I realized he was no superhuman. What makes him different is that fighting spirit; I gave up but he didn’t, I thought depression might help me but he cruelly slapped it and won over. He was internally motivated. ‘A genius struggler’ he was but my torturous soul made our struggle lengthy.



Lesson I have learnt:

We all need motivation. If a person stays motivated that doesn’t mean struggle or failure has spared him; it does mean he has learnt how to fight with headstrong behavior. You might read books such as ‘You can win’ and ‘Stay Motivated’ or hear the speech of motivational gurus but at the end of the day what matters is how much you are enthusiastic to accept the truth and fight against it with gigantic audacity. Abraham Lincoln opines that human being should read something or do something that helps them to keep their spirit high, “To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.”

To stay perpetually motivated, healthy mindset and desperate desire are most important ingredients to win over hurdles. I hope you have found perpetual source of motivation. I wish you all the best.

Yours writing friend, Mousumi

No comments: