Wednesday 9 September 2009

Horses and banana/chocolate pie

Hi you all out there.

Today it has been a bit of a weird day for me. Why you might think?
Well for the first thing I had promised Marianne to go to the stable where Ofelia and Sunny are on summer "eating", well it is at the stable where I have my 31 year old horse. And yes that is possible to have an old horse like that :-), but I´m very aware of it that it can go very fast now. But so far he is fine, a bit stiffer for every week so we, wrong I will see how he will take the colder weather that is on it´s way. Aaa to the "thing" then, Ofelia and Sunny should have their hoofs trimmed and put on some new shoes. So the farrier came but ½ an our late, grrrr. But he did it well and quite quick actually and he talked a lot to. It is hard work to do this and it takes a lot of work and strenght, your back will hurt after a couple of years working with this.
Horse shoes can be a whole sience and there is a lot of different ones, riding, trotting, gallop shoes and so on. They are also in so different materials as iron, plastic, rubber and some strange material. Like the trotter horse I have (the old one) in his younger days when he competed at the race track (we trained him on our own) he had from time to time different kind of shoes. But the ones he did most well on was this golden/bronze coloured ones.


Here you can see some different kind of shoes!

Well it also look a bit hmmm difficult to actually put in a nail trough the shoe and into the actually hoof, the hoof wall is actually thin. Not a thing to play by other words! I have kind of disected a "dead" reel hoof once and then I saw how thin it was.


A hof in cross-section.
StrĂ¥le means = hoof-ray
Hovben means= hoof bone
Hov brosk means = hoof cartilage
Elastiska putan means = elastic putana


Hmmm we had eaten some good pie too :-):-). Yeasterday I decided that I should do a banana and chocolate pie, as there was some banans left. So late evening (night actuallay) I made the pie at my home. And this morning I did the vanilla sauce to it. So we had some good stuff to our fika time. And there is still a small piece of it left !!!

bye bye from this odd day
Mari + the horses this day

No comments: