Monday 7 September 2009

Getting used to it.

Last week I got glasses, and with my new glasses I realized something; I just have to get used to it.


Often things changes in our lives that make us change too, in my case it´s dealing with a change that I didn´t even knew had occurred! Well it might not be that dramatic as I just described it, but still. Following has happened:I had felt for a while that my eyes were hurting, feeling soar and a bit tired, I booked an appointment with the optician and got one the following day. I didn´t think too much about it, after all, my eyes were not far from perfect before I got my "learn to drive" license at the age of 16, today I´m 22 years old so I thought to myself “nothing drastic can have happened in just a few years”. When I came to the optician he quite soon had discovered that I needed glasses, foremost whilst driving and watching TV, plus all other activities where I felt more comfortable with wearing them.
And I who thought he would tell me to sit further away from the computer! It took me some time to realize that I was getting glasses, it might sound a little bit silly, but for me getting glasses was a big change. Now when I have them and wear them every day it´s not such a big deal, because I´ve sort of have understood that it´s just to get used to them.

No comments: