Monday 27 April 2009

Shaking kneecaps and poetry all night long.

Last weekend was a weekend full of poetry, creativity and nervousness.

So at last the 25th of april had appeared and The Poetryfestival in Trollhättan was a fact. We were four Bombadilians reading poetry and we were the ones opening the festival on saturday afternoon. First Bombadilian out was Jennifer Vidovic, an extremly talanted 13 year old who read a few of her poems and a short section from here collection of short stories that is under progress as we speak. She was so brave getting up on stage as the very first poet of the entire festival! When she was up there reading poetry like she hasn´t been doing anything else but reading poetry out loud, I was about to wet myself. I did not believe that I could get so tremendously nervous! Second Bombadilian out was Johanna Hansson who is getting her collection of poetry published at Bombadil Publishing within a near future, which is having a kind of scrap book theme. Cool! Johanna did also work the stage properly and did a great job reading her texts!

Then it was me and My, luckily, I wasn´t on my own. And no I don´t mean me, my and I or something silly like that, "My" is actually a Swedish name. My is an performance artist and have been reading my poetry before, so we figured; why not experiment a bit and do some reading together?! It all turned out very well, and apparently you couldn´t see my shaking kneecaps from the audience, well at least that´s what my mother told me. I haven´t decided whether I trust her or not, not yet. Last Bombadilian on stage was Kristoffer Hedberg (http://www.kristofferhedberg.se/) who is not "just" publishing his poetry at Bombadil Publishing this coming autumn but is probably more known for his music. Just couple of weeks ago he finished the recording of his third solo album. Check his website out!

After Bombadil Publishing All-Stars had done their part the Poetryfestival continued and offered lots of good, worse and brilliant poetry, texts with completely different topics and tone. The Swedish band Detektivbyrån finished off by midnight, and they really did an exceptional live performance!

So all in all the Poetry festival was a success and apparently Bombadil Publishing has already been invited to next years festival in Trollhättan, groovy!

over&out
Your Monday blogger Sara

No comments: