Thursday 9 April 2009

Taking Mariannes new car for a spin

Marianne has bought a new car. Well, if you look closely, there's a tiny blue feather at the rear sidepanel, making it a Bombadil car. But to tell the truth, it is a Marianne car. She loves it. She loves me too, is obvious, because I was alloowed to use it, going to my part time job at ESAB in Laxå. ESAB makes welding equipment, and that's where I'll do most of my research for at least about two years now. There's a Swedish saying "det är många grejor på ett järnspett", approximately "there are a lot of details on a iron rod" - there are even more details to a weld joint, and it is a really fun piece of complex physics to try and simulate to gain more insight in how the process works and thus help make even better weld equipment. But back to the car. It is red, can reach allowed speed limit really fast, and has cruise control. Very nice. Here's a picture.

No comments: