Monday 26 October 2009

Meeting new people

Today I have been out of the office almost all day long, the reason behind this was a meeting regarding how do develop our surrounding for our youth?

"Leader" an organization who is working with development took the initiative to this meeting, as Barbro who called me last week expressed it: “I want your brain and your thoughts”. It did not turn out to be as brutal as it might sound, after a nice lunch together with six other “youngsters” with a cup of coffee in my hand I was ready to discuss how to change my surrounding! We spoke about things like “what attracts young people?”, “where do they hang out?” and “how can we improve their spare time?”. It was quite interesting to take an outsiders point of view and analyze myself and the habits I had when I was younger. I remember taking two busses who each took 45 minutes and then having to wait 30 minutes to get in to the venue where the band I sort of was interested in hearing were playing. Then me and my friends normally would have to leave about 20 minutes before the whole thing ended just so we could catch one of the two busses home again! When I was younger I didn´t have any problems with travelling, that´s for sure! All this hassle just because we didn´t have anything better to do, and as a 15-yearold I did not want to spend my Saturday night at home with my parents. Which 15-yearsold really do?

Anyways, we discussed these matters and how the society could improve in order to get the youngsters of today active and happy about the society they are growing up in, it was a great afternoon with many different ideas, thoughts, opinions and dreams to fulfill. I got really inspired and can´t wait until next gathering!

Over&Out
Sara

No comments: