Monday 17 August 2009

Inspirational meetings and making new friends.

Last week I got really inspired, more inspired than I have felt in a long time. Because last week on Thursday night I met up with one of those friends who are more a friend of a friend, although I can´t remember whose friend he was to begin with. I think we played in the same amateurs football team last summer, maybe that´s were where I first met him, he who gave me waves and waves of inspiration.

I am a hard nut to crack at times, especially when it comes to writing and to feel inspired, I don´t really think inspiration can be forced, although it´s no use just to sit around and wait for it to come and knock your door. Very carefully it need to be pushed and pulled at the same time, and for me who is a hard nut to crack the periods filled with nothing but inspiration seems to be quite irregular and nowadays quite rare even… And I have seriously started to consider if my inspiration has gone off to Greece in order to sunbath ridiculously much, or perhaps skiing in the Austrian alps. Who knows? It´s been missing, and I have surely missed it.

Back to the point; last week I met up with this friend of a friend, but now he is not a friend of a friend no more, now he is "just" a friend =). He writes lyrics and music for his band "Holmes", very, very talented, and we have been saying for quite a while that we should try to do something experimental and creative together. Or rather I have been saying. So at last we did and it all turned out something like this: I have been trying to interpret, unravel and rewrite some of his lyrics, in order to turn them into poems with my way of writing. Then he played his songs that I had rewritten on his guitar. And it all turned out to be pretty fabulous! And because of this energy boost I´ve got from this creative meeting I now have seem to found my inspiration! Didn´t take much; couple of cups of coffee, a new friend and his guitar. That´s the magic recipe. Full stop.

To summarize it all: Get out there and make some new friends, share your thoughts with someone, dare to show yourself, put your heart on your sleeve for a while, you might like it. It might even inspire you, or someone else, who knows?

Over&OutSara

No comments: