Monday 24 August 2009

Travelling and an empty HQ

Our grand travellers have now left for Latin America and the office feels rather empty frankly, it´s quieter and a bit darker for some reason. The only advantage as I see it is the fact that I can play music as loud as I want. Without disturbing a single soul. Mari´s office is too far away for her to be disturbed ;)

There are a lot of things for Marianne, Niklas and Melvin to do, they are meeting up with the minister of culture in El Salvador and I think a dinner with the president was on the schedule too. (Correct me if I´m wrong)Further they are visiting an orphanage and Melvin mother even! In Peru the release of our two new Spanish titles will be held and hopefully lots and lots of press will be there to acknowledge the authors and their great books! In the previous blog post by Melvin you can read more about these books.

But, back to Sweden... The office is empty and the Bombadil dog Pixie is a bit worried about the fact that Marianne is not here, but Pixie is in good hands with the rest of the Bombadil staff. She spent last night wakening up poor Mattias and apparently she really enjoyed jumping up and down in his bed, whilst he was trying to sleep after dropping our grand travellers in Örebro to catch their coach to the airport. He mentioned something about snoring too, I just can´t recall if he was talking about himself or the dog. Since she is staying with me the coming week I think I will invest in a pair of ear plugs, just to be on the safe side.

During the time Marianne, Niklas and Melvin is gone the Bombadil work in the Bombadil office continues as usual. And we have a new project to start up, which we need all our readers, mentors and authors to participate in! We want to have pictures of people all over the world photographing themselves wearing Bombadil t-shirts for our new "Bombadil all over the world"-photo album. So if you happen to have a Bombadil t-shirt, take a photograph in front of something that is typical or representative for your country and send it to us! I for example; I would probably have my picture taken whilst sitting on an elk (?) or strolling around in a great forest... Yeah something like that.

And if you don´t have a Bombadil t-shirt yet, check out this link to get one! http://www.cafepress.com/Bombadil

Over&out
Sara

No comments: